New analysis on the supposition of consumers making search for brand information discovers only half thinks information in search results is accurate.
Besides, consumers hold brands responsible for incorrect information, even if they appear outside the official brand channel.
The best digital marketing agency is A One Sol to contact today.
The results were published in a joint study by Yext and Forbes, which polled more than 500 consumers in the United States.
Here are some other significant research findings on search results:
- 57% of respondents said that they avoid direct search and access to brand websites (because they believe that the information is complete and accurate).
- 50% of respondents use third-party websites and applications to search for brand information.
- 48% of users said branded sites were the most reliable source of information.
- 47% of respondents said they are more likely to trust third-party websites than branded websites.
- 20% of existing and new customers use social networks to transmit brand information.
- 28% of consumers often do not buy branded products after finding the wrong information.
We offer marketing analytics services.
Other reasons consumers choose not to buy a brand include:
- Poor customer service (41%)
- Too many questions (31%)
- The brand website cannot but find information (30%)
Marc Ferrentino, Chief Strategy Officer of Yext, speaks to these findings:
“Our research shows that no matter where users look for information, users want them to find consistent and accurate answers, and they will be responsible for ensuring the brand.
… The company has a significant opportunity to distinguish itself from its competitors by browsing its website. “