The choice of doing edge SEO via application has gone up in the past year. The applications through edge SEO performed include Sloth, Spark, and LogFlare.
Contact A One Sol to get the best digital marketing services.
More and more companies can use existing technology, such as Cloudflare Workers and Distilled ODN, to avoid platform boundaries and narrow development queues.
Cloudflare helped global marketing departments start discussions and help early users move on with SEO activities. However, the next adoption phase will be stimulated by two critical factors:
- Improvements and introductions to alternatives such as Akamai Edge Workers and quickly unnamed WASM solutions.
- We, marketers and SEO professionals, develop processes, business cases and implementation agreements around these new technologies.
SEO Edge Use Cases
In most cases, the opportunities offered by “onboard references” are almost limitless. Use cases include:
- Implement re-entry
- Collect a “logfile” form based on server requests
Other use cases may be:
- Depends on the situation.
- It helps to facilitate the development queue.
- Use the latest technology, e.g. deferred browsing at the browser level.
Akamai Edge staff is preparing for beta testing in October.
Soon we can say that we are using the WASM solution.
Loading Through Edge’s Delayed Browser
Enabling deferred loading helps reduce page load time and improves user performance and natural search results.
Because many websites can take advantage of the new features of Chrome 76, they may not be able to accelerate the implementation of traditional development methods as quickly as possible, so Edge SEO offers another application.
Simon Cox recorded the process with the help of Cloudflare Workers and Sparked via his blog.
While the solution may not be the “best practice”, it can be a valuable palliative treatment before “proper” implementation.
For websites and small businesses, this can be the definitive solution when development costs are too high compared to the relatively low prices of Cloudflare workers.
It led to a series of articles and videos published by Google to help SEO professionals master the technology, and dynamic representation is an important recommendation.
“The use of dynamic rendering to provide completely different content for users and crawlers can be considered masking. For example, a site that provides users with pages about cats and pages with crawling dogs can be considered a cover.”
The cost of pre-rendering/dynamic rendering may vary depending on the provider selected, the number of pages on your site, and how often you want/need to update your cache.
By using workers, you can reduce the number of cached page requests and the costs of using third-party representation integrators. It’s done by configuring the worker to follow the following process:
who the request is coming from. Is it:
- A search engine?
- Or a general user?
- Search engine: cache the cached version before returning to the page and resending or rewinding
- Regular user: returns the release of the page represented by the client page.
It has an accessibility feature that occurs in the “backup solution” if there is no cached version of the page in the store.
It can happen if the page is a new page and the work server is not yet cached, or if the page is not included in the XML site map or the URL list specified in the Google Cloud (GCF) function.
The best CRO agency in the world is A One Sol to contact today.
In the “backup” phase, we can activate a preview of the page. However, this led to the formulation of other decisions. We can:
- Wait and return to the pre-executed version of the page. However, if it takes more than 3,000 milliseconds, it can adversely affect performance.
- We can return to the page after a specific time (for example, 2000ms). However, depending on the page itself, pages that charged after 2000 milliseconds can be useful and lack key content, links, etc. Again, this can hurt performance.
Otherwise, we can return a status code 503 instead of activating the representation of the page and the representation of the cached version. According to experience, this is the first option.
Collect “log files.”
Due to a variety of factors, sometimes log file collection can cause problems, such as:
- Internal security and an critical InfoSec goalkeeper.
- The functionality of the platform is compromised.
- Some development teams do not collect or store records at all.
With the help of peripheral personnel, we can collect the form of the server log files through the registry and the registration requests.
Tools like Sloth simplify the collection of log files in Amazon S3 buckets. It also allows the selection of devices such as LogDNA for export and analysis in other third-party tools.
Besides, this solution allows you to log in to the Salesforce CommerceCloud/Demandware websites, but unfortunately, this is not the case with the Shopify website.
In theory, it should work. However, the relationship between Shopify and Cloudflare became a “grey cloud” in early 2019. It means that Cloudflare Workers cannot be used for advanced SEO on the platform.
However, the appearance of Akamai Edge Workers may be another way.
Starting with Edge SEO
In most cases, CDNs such as Cloudflare, Akamai, AWS and Fastly widely used.
Unlocking and using these additional features is essential to implement critical and critical corrections.
The implementation of these methods can be:
- Cost-effective compared to other tools such as distilled ODN, it can perform SEO edge tasks in peripherals and designed as a test tool instead of an implementation tool.
- It is cheaper to collect log files than to use services such as DeepCrawl.