Here are 7 characteristics for an ethical content writer.
Just like SEO, content marketing can also be categorized as white, gray, and black-hat.
If you read this article, you can wear white clothes most of the day. A bad day, it can become gray.
Contact A One Sol for SEO, PPC, and web design services.
But have you tried black, maybe it’s wrong?
You will find that the best thing about content marketing is to help your brand gain the trust of your audience, which other methods cannot do. It is subtly convincing and does not cause any interference or damage.
Words are powerful, and wrong advice can hurt the reputation of readers and brands. So, no matter what you do, do not wear a glamorous black hat, even if it’s wrong.
Now, as an expert in content marketing, your job is to develop strategies for professional blogs (or customer blogs) and create engaging and engaging content creations.
It usually makes you a content publisher. To make sure you’re on the right track, here are the seven features of the Ethical Content Editor.
1. Contains Only the Latest Reliable Data
As you know, including relevant information and statistics is a valuable asset.
The facts and figures quickly convinced the most skeptical readers and emphasized it. Prove that you have researched and completed your work and know what you are talking about.
The inclusion of statistical information in blog articles can increase consumer confidence and make materials more worthy of a link.
But it’s not easy: you only need to reference the relevant data from a reliable source. It is often difficult to find and reference bonus points for raw data sources.
But as a content writer, you have the responsibility to deepen and discover the real source to determine whether the information is correct or inaccurate.
Besides, the data or research you cite must not be obsolete. Old data can be misleading and useless.
Therefore, it is important to always cite up to two years of updated data in the approved literature to increase the credibility of the text.
2. Gives Credit Where It’s Due
When referring to the information, please clearly indicate the source and explain the link if possible.
Not only does this help you read and add value to your readers, but this simple approach helps content creators get the recognition they deserve and stand out in a mediocre ocean.
3. First Writing for Human Readers
Of course, you want your content to appear on the Google website. Who does not?
Of course, keyword research and search engine optimization are also relevant. However, your top priority should always be to provide an outstanding user experience to visitors to the website.
In terms of written content, the user experience reduces readability.
Today, for human readers, entering keywords is not only visible but also annoying for search engine researchers. So, do not even consider inserting keywords into a copy.
Also, try to integrate your audio (or branded audio) with your copy.
Do not write on a mechanized and lifeless tone. Speak with humor.
Keep the language simple and avoid jargon. Explaining a very subtle content, remember Einstein’s famous quote: “If you cannot just explain it, you will not understand it enough.”
4. Doesn’t Extend an Article for the Sake of Word Count
Yes, when it comes to getting backlinks, sharing social networks, and searching for rankings, long articles usually produce better results than short articles: all you have to do is process all the content.
Backlinko and BuzzSumo content searches, as well as HubSpot’s analysis of more than 6,000 blog posts, no doubt ended the debate.
But that does not mean that it will generate thousands of words without any added value for the reader. Focus on quality rather than quantity.
If you write a topic that details it, you do not have to worry about the number of words. After all, the purpose of your content is to convey valuable knowledge and help your readers solve problems.
If you remove the meat from the material without returning the pot, your readers will fall in love with it.
You can express your gratitude by sharing articles, subscribing to newsletters, and improving other vital statistics that interest you.
We offer online content marketing.
5. Do Not Revoke the Content
It is no exaggeration to say that there is already too much useless content.
If you plan to imitate or steal, stay there. Stealing content is not only unethical, but it may also sooner or later damage the reputation and ranking of the site.
Even if Google does not penalize the copy in any way, your audience will determine that it is of poor quality and will eventually lose its readership.
All in all, thinking about content is wasting time and resources, and although it is slow, it will undoubtedly recover in the long run.
6. Take Responsibility – Content Writer
The author of the content is also human, at least for the moment. Who is the best person? Make mistakes and learn from them.
If you do not already have one, you will soon publish a controversial article (not aware).
Indeed, the content can be subjective and not satisfy everyone. It is what you must do after making a significant mistake.
Remember that your content is participatory, which means that a healthy (but lively) debate is excellent.
However, if you know that you have made a mistake (for example, because you have unlawfully insulted the reader or provided false information), be sure to take the appropriate responsibility.
Always be polite and try to correct it. More importantly, like all big companies, you have to learn from mistakes and not repeat the same mistakes.
7. Suggestions for the Presentation of Real Products/Services
In the end, its content does not just mean educating, informing, or entertaining your audience, but also achieving specific marketing goals and improving your business results.
It usually means recommending products or services in the form of sponsored reviews, guest articles, affiliate marketing, etc.
If it works properly, it must be fully open. Therefore, if you post a member link on your blog, be sure to disclose your membership explicitly.
It is not only a moral and reasonable issue but also a mandate of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
Similarly, if you allow sponsored or guest posts on your blog, mark them accordingly so readers can see them.
The last thing you want to do is give your audience the impression of being cheated or cheated, which will undermine the trust you are trying to win.
Read also: What’s New in Google Chrome on Android?
Final Thoughts – Content Writer
The content may be subjective, but the term “quality content” is not personal. If your content is of high quality, it has the following standard features:
- Complete: This article is comprehensive and prevents readers from consulting other resources after downloading.
- Make your point – your readers are here to learn how to solve problems or learn new things. Your message should provide this solution so that they can act immediately after reading or make them feel that they have found what they were looking for.
- Original file: is the copied content classified in the “high quality” category? Of course not. It must be unique.
- Accuracy: This article uses the latest and most relevant information from reliable sources to support each claim.
- Personal and honest: the message communicated to your audience. They can easily understand what you are saying and feel connected with you (author). It, in turn, allows sharing, which is another essential feature of high-quality work.
- Accurate grammar: lousy grammar and spelling errors, leaving a wrong impression, and reducing the credibility of the content. However, high-quality grammar is impeccable.
- Easy to read: Articles containing technical terms and complex sentences will be difficult to read and therefore of poor quality.
- Evergreen: The position has stood the test of time and will remain relevant for years to come. Otherwise, updates are made periodically to maintain their relevance and thus maintain their quality.
- Optimize and focus on results: Finally, your content can provide the business results you need. It is optimized for search engines and plays a vital role in the keywords you need. It will generate traffic, engagement, and links. All this is the result of the previous points.
As you can see, the writing of ethical content and the production of high-quality, results-oriented content overlap entirely.
If you are a content writer, you need to follow that content writing ethic when creating future masterpieces, which is right for your business and the public.